Sunday, November 1, 2009

Been Working Away on These

Checking back to show you a sneak peek of what I've been doing in the workroom today. I decided to make a few Christmas things for the store. I've cut out and partially pieced 20 stockings today, and a few mittens. I'm going to sell the mittens as stockings too.
Here's a peek....................

See all those stacks of fabrics on the side of the table? Those are going to be more stockings, banners, mittens, and pillows. I'm thinking about making some mantle scarfs too, but haven't decided yet.
I'm still in the layout phase, so I haven't made any final decisions on the trims and fringes yet.
I went to sew some of the laces on that I had in stock, only to discover that they were too white for these color combinations.
You know what happens when something in my house is too white, right? It goes into a vat of tea!
So, while all of these trims are soaking, I thought I'd take a minute and blog about what I've been up to today.

What do you think of the stockings so far? Do you have any ideas for other holiday items I can make for the store? I'd love your suggestions. I'm going for a "Holiday in the Country" look.



And just to tease you a little more, here's another pic from the workroom:


Until next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment