Friday, July 15, 2011

Repurposed Coat Valet - Easy Peasy Project Alert

I've always wanted one of those antique coat valets.
No real reason - I just thought they were pretty cool looking.

One day while at my favorite thrift store, I lucked up on this baby....

.........rickety, time worn perfection.....and only $8!
Had to have it!

Being clueless as to what I would actually do with it, it sat in the garage for a while.
One day I was unloading my car and sat a stack of baskets on the bottom of this to get them out of the way -
and that's when the inspiration struck!

I knew right that minute that this would become my new guest bathroom organizer.
You heard me right. I say it was destined to hold soap, not coats.

So, I gathered my baskets,


...and a few loads of toiletry items,


...put it all together,





....and came up with this!


I LOVE IT !!
And here she is in place.


Purdy Spiffy, eh?
I thought so too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And before you ask......NO, I have not found a new house yet. This is from our last house, I just never got around to posting about it.

Where am I now?
Still hanging out in extended stay housing, keeping my fingers crossed that a house will fall in my lap before I get all crazy being cooped up in one room.
When it does, I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

So tell me, what have you been repurposing lately?

Linking up over at Funky Junk this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment