Sunday, September 27, 2009

From Placemats to Pictures

I've been holding on to this placemat for a long time, just waiting for the perfect project to present itself. I thought about making an apron out of it. That was a no-go. Then I thought about making a pillow for the dreadfully bare rocking chair on my porch, but I then I didn't want it to fade in the weather. Then I thought about putting hot-glitz around the cherries and hanging it on a hook in my kitchen. Nope, that wasn't it either.

With no further brainstorm in the near future, I placed my darling placemat back on a shelf. One day a friend was in my workshop and she discovered the placemat. She held it up and said "Wouldn't that be pretty as a painting?" Oh, god bless you my friend, you've given me a new idea!

So, gathering a few goodies.........................



I came up with this...............







I used double stick tape (Selah's) to put the ribbon on the frame. Then I used thread to attach the red round button (my version of a cherry!) to the black button. I attached the buttons with E6000 glue. When all of that was done, I used Rub 'n Buff in antique gold to age the frame.



Easy, peasy! (You'll see this show up in my shop later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment