Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Progress in the Workroom

       

I need to announce a little change to Make Mine Beautiful's Home Decor Series. Originally I had the NEW Home Decor Series scheduled to begin the first Monday in February.
However, starting something like that would require me to actually be able to find all of the supplies I need to get this off the ground, and due to my recent move across the country, I'm still filtering through the boxes trying to find those things.

So, the 2nd Wednesday of the month is Wednesday in the Workroom day, where I show you the how-to behind the project I'm currently sewing.
We will start the series off on that day, which is  the 10th.
Our first project will be decorator pillows done the professional way.
You'll learn how to 'build' a layered fabric pillow, apply various trims, sew a fringe into the seam, and insert a zipper in the seam.

I am busy trying to finish setting up the workroom, so I'll give you a peek at where I am as of today. The final reveal will be on Wednesday the 10th. I'll be giving you lots of little tips for storage solutions that keep everything in order but leave them right at your fingertips.




The other side of the workroom, which I'll refrain from showing you today, is my office portion, tool storage, and supply storage. I'm downgrading from an actual office/design studio to a spot in a large room. It'll be quite the challenge, but I need to downsize anyway and this will force me to do it.

If you're wanting to set up your own workroom/shop, be sure to keep checking back in the next few days to see how I'll teach you to turn this:
and this:
into this:
That's right, it's electrified!

No comments:

Post a Comment