Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Make Your Guest Feel at Home - Sneak Peek


Wanna a litte sneak peak at what I'm working on?


I haven't quite decided where I'm going with it yet. I start the paint and work out the details while I'm at one with the roller. In fact, I went into the bathroom thinking I was going to paint it chocolate brown on top and cream on the bottom.
You see that didn't happen, don't you?

I have an idea of what I'm going to put on the wall to bridge the two colors, but who knows if that's the way the plan will actually go.
For now, I know I'm tired of working on it, so I'm taking a break from it for about a week.

But in the meantime...........

I am finished with the counter area. and only the counter area.
Since it's a guest bath, I've set it up to reflect a hotel bath.
Hubby travels a lot, and when he leaves he has strict orders to bring home all of the toiletries and the coffee packs. He doesn't get back in the door if he forgot them.

Here's what you'll see at the Blair Bed & Breakfast:


There's everything you need in this little station: qtips, cotton balls, shaving kit, toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, mouthwash, nail file, a selection of shampoos, conditioners, soaps, and lotion, an assortment of laundry soaks, and a tray and bowl to put your miscellany.

And of course, I've put out the welcome sign.....
I mean, after all, we do want our guests to feel welcome here.

Feel free to read it. :):)


Ok, so I pulled a litte funny on you and them, but hey, don't we all deserve a little laugh from time to time?

I love it and it's staying right where it is.
Believe me, everyone that comes to our house knows I have a twisted sense of humor. And they also know that I mean everything in that note!

Why anybody stills loves me, I'll never know. :)

Make one up for your own guest bath and see how quick it becomes a conversation piece. You can copy my verbage or create something that reflects your own personality.
If you choose to use mine, please be kind and link back to where you found it. thankyouverymuch

We used to have a little sign on the dresser of the guest room in our previous house that said
"Welcome to the Blair Family Bed & Breakfast. We provide the beds, you provide the breakfast! Enjoy your stay."

and another that said
"Laundry Room's that way. Open between the hours of awake and asleep. Don't forget your soap."

We're funny like that.............:)

No comments:

Post a Comment