Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Kitchen Reveal!

Dec. 30, 2010:
 Layla, and we ALL know who she is, is having "A Few of My Favorites" Party, and today is the Room Remodel addition.
Since my kitchen is the only room I've actually completed this year, I guess that's the room I'm linking up!

When you're done here, go back over there and see what everyone else has done. I'm amazed at the makeovers I've seen this year and can't wait to see them all in one place.

_________________________________________________________________________
(Originally posted July 15, 2010)
Finally!
Here's my long-time-in-the-making Kitchen Reveal!

I've been hacking away at it here and there since we moved several months ago, and I've finally got it ready to show!
(Update: Dec. 30, I've changed several things since I did this reveal. I'll be doing another updated picture reveal in the first week of January, so please check back.)


The pictures speak for themselves, so I won't moderate too much, other than to point things out along the way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let's look at where I began, shall we?
(This is when we moved in.)
Oh the ivy! (my eyes, my eyes :))
Never fear, I got rid of that wallpaper.........and it only took me 4 months of scraping, washing down the glue, patching all the drywall (a story unto itself), priming, and painting!

Are you ready???
Here's the finished kitchen!


Before:

And the After:

Before:

After:


What do you think so far?
Major improvement, eh?

I love the changes, and here they are:
 My GITTER DONE List:
Remove Wallpaper - DONE
Wash Down Walls - DONE
Patch and Repair Tears and Holes - DONE
Prime Walls - DONE (3 coats!!)
Paint - DONE (2 coats)
Wash Down all Cabinets Thoroughly, Including Tops - DONE
(and might I add......yuck)
Make New Cabinet Knobs - DONE
Scrub Stains out of Hardwood - All I can say is I tried!
Hang Drapes - DONE
Remove Cabinet Doors on End for Open Shelving - DONE
Accessorize the Walls, Counters, Shelves, Backsplash - DONE
Make, Create, or Paint Kitchen Table - DONE
Find Something to go Above Doorways - Kinda DONE (I'm in the process of building something for that)

I've been a busy girl, and I have the aches and pains to prove it.

The one thing I thought about doing was changing out the light fixture, or paiting it, but in the end I decided not to.
We're leasing this house, so I figured I'd just do cosmetic things to enhance the kitchen without spending any money.

The only thing I had to buy for this makeover was the wallpaper stripper and scraper. I had everything else leftover from prior projects or laying around my storage room.
So that makes this a doubly special makeover!

Enjoy the Picture Show:

























Remember this table? It's the SAME one! I'm so proud of how this turned out.
Full tutorial to come in the next week.


There you have it - all done!
Now I'm gonna go sleep for about the next 20 hours...I'll be the one curled up in the fetal position hiding under the covers...


Tutorials to Come on the Following Projects:
Patching Drywall

Tutorial for Fabric Cabinet Knobs found here.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Some of the changes you'll see in the update in January 2011:
New Table and Chairs
New Drapes
New Wall Decor
Wording over Doorway
New Bar Stools
New Cabinet Accessories


 

No comments:

Post a Comment