Friday, January 29, 2010

Slow but Sure....Romantic French Living Room

I've been making progress. Really, I have. I'm not ready to reveal the whole room yet, but I'll give you some snippets of what I've got done.
Still haven't found the pillow insert for that cover laying across the chair, or figured out why it's missing in the first place.

I've been having issues blending our furnishings together. In the last house we had a living room and a family room, and here we only have one large room. One of our rooms there was in browns and greens, and the other was red, black, and golds, so now I have to figure out how to make everything look like it belongs together.

As you'll see, I love old floral paintings and lots of flowers. And color. I LOVE color.
I try to make our primary room as romantically french as possible, since that's the style that makes me feel cozy and yummy. I like being able to look around while I'm lounging on the couch and remember the stories behind every find in the room.

So for now, here's what I've gotten done in the living room.
I plan on making name plates for those clocks and setting them all for different times. Most everyone we know is in different time zones, and it'll make it easy to keep up with them.

I also want to find something to cover up that gray marble on the fireplace.
This isn't our 'forever house', so I whatever it is has to be easily removable. I think I'm going to check in to that Hallmark adhesive paper on the roll. We'll never use the fireplace since it's gas, and the smell gives me migraines, so I just want something for the look.

I've changed this mantle arrangement a zillion times, and I've decided I'm sticking with this.
It  may be too busy for some of you, but I like all of the color and texture, so it's here to stay.


And here's the table behind my loveseat.
I wanted to put all of my bird's nest collection on it, but it seems I can't find all of those yet either.
So, I put silver trays on there and filled them with candy instead.
(Click on it for a larger picture that shows more detail.)
And this is a card that a sweet friend sent me a long time ago.

This weekend I'm going to tackle this room. Wish me luck!
This is my Fabric Room!


See all those boxes? They're full of fabric that has to be color coordinated and put on the shelves.
Believe it or not, I sold 34 of the bigger boxes FULL of fabric before we moved, but I kept all the really good stuff!

Boy, I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment