Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sneak Peek of the New Dining Room

EDITED 1/30/2010: Ive just run upon this blog and discovered that she has a Silver Sunday party. Silver?! You know I'm there. Count me in. Run over there and see all of the other beautiful silver pieces everyone else is showcasing. I'm envious of her collection, and can't believe what she just found among her family treasures!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been working away at widdling down the boxes. I can finally see over them, which is a major accomplishment if I do say so myself.
There aren't any rooms fully finished, so I can't show you much right now, and I still haven't found my brackets for the drapery rods so I still don't have any window treatments hung. Where are those darned things? If you see them, will you please let me know.

Do you remember my obsession with all things tarnished silver? In this move I decided to open all of my boxes of silver to see how much I really do have. I'll just tell ya that even I was surprised. I vowed to display as much of it as I could, and since I now have a formal dining room, I figure I'll start in there.
Not that my dining room is too formal by any means, as you'll see, but you know what I mean - a dining room that sets all by itself instead of being part of another room.

Here's a little peek at what I've been working on.
Hmmm, I see I'm also missing the globes and candles for those green candlestick holders.
No clue why they weren't together in the box. Now where could they be?

I LOVE my silver. This is just the beginning of putting it out, as I've noticed pieces of it seem to be migrating to all of the other rooms. I'm fighting putting some on the mantle, but I think I'll lose that battle in the end.

Just wanted to give you a peek.
Tomorrow night I'm going to tell you about what I found today, right down the road from the house.
It was such a pleasant surprise for both me and hubby.

I'm headed up to the workroom for the night to build my new worktable. I'll take good pics so I can do a tutorial on how to build one for yourself. I call it my 6 foot x 10 foot ironing board, because essentially, that's what it is.

Now, everybody all at once, stop what you're doing and repeat after me..................
"Please let Polly find her drapery rod brackets tonight, repeat, repeat................."

No comments:

Post a Comment