Sunday, March 7, 2010

File Sorter gets a Makeover

I'm linking up with Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special with this easy little project.
If you haven't been over there yet this weekend, you'll wanna go see all of the creative endeavors everyone has undertaken to provide you with some incredible inspiration.
The raw talent in blogland blows me away every week!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know the kind. Those thick smoky black plastic file sorters. Ugh.

I literally started to toss this in the trash, but then I remembered two things that a crafter should never forget:
1. I have Mod Podge
2. I have scrapbook paper

I thought I'd whip out the supplies and see if I could give this drab file sorter a new outfit. I'm sure glad I did.

I didn't take pictures of the process, but it's easy peasy.
I put mod podge on the short part in the front, and the front of the first large sorter. You won't see the rest, so they don't matter.

I then put the scrapbook paper on it and smoothed it out. Then I trimmed around the edges with a sharp blade.

I let it dry, and then stamped the words and hot glued the buttons on. (Remove the shanks before you do that so they'll lay flat.)

Here's how it looks now.




And I really do use it.
Here it is on my desk.


Another Easy Peasy project!
I think I'll try the same thing on my thick smoky black plastic wall pockets next.

No comments:

Post a Comment