Sunday, April 4, 2010

Beauty in the Backroads

If you know me at all, you know that I have a passion for outdoor photography. There's nothing I enjoy more than heading down the backroads with my camera.
You can often find me jumping fences, sneaking on to properties I shouldn't be, or laying in the grass, all in the name of a good picture.

I thought I'd share a few of the treasures I've discovered on those backroad drives.

We happened upon this place today on a drive down a country road. It sits at the front of a large farm property. It appears as if it was once a small mercantile.
I'm glad the owners of the farm kept it on their property. It appears they also keep it up. The porch had obviously been swept and the windows were clean.

Here are a few more I thought you might enjoy.

I love the way the spring sun brings out the vivid colors in nature.


This was in my own front yard.



Here's an old home I discovered on a drive a few weeks back. The sun was so strong that day, it was hard to get a good photo of this. I plan to drive back there now that everything is more green and get a better picture.
However, the subject was interesting enough that i wanted to show it to you anyway.


Isn't that a fabulous place?

I hope you've enjoyed these pictures. I'll be sharing many more with you from now on.

What do you like to photograph?

If you show your photography on your blog, please let us know in the comments so we can be sure to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment