Monday, May 17, 2010

Notes from My Prayer List

Hello friends. This is going to be a very different kind of post today.

You know how it is here in blogland - it's such a big, big world, and yet so small at the same time. It's amazing how easily, and how quickly we all start making connections with one another.

We start to care deeply about the people we visit, and who visit us, and we truly start to build friendships.
I know I have.

Well, friends come to the aid of those they care about, right?
Of course we do.

When our friends hurt, so do we. We feel their pain because we've come to know them so well, and perhaps we've been in their shoes and can understand where they are.
And when they hurt, we offer them our prayers.

Do you remember to honor the prayers you promised?

I'm sorry to admit that I myself have gotten busy on occassion and forgot until much later. I've given myself a rule to never let that happen again.

The purpose of today's post is to spread the word about those we've come to know through our blogs who are hurting and need prayer.

I'm personally asking you to say a prayer for these friends and maybe even stop by their blogs to show your support and let them know you are thinking of them.

I firmly believe in the power of prayer, as I've seen what's it's done in my own life.

The lovely Country Lady from At Home with a Country Lady has requested prayer for her daughter-in-law. She is a young beautiful woman who just had a stroke, and the family is understandably beside themselves.
Please, stop and say a prayer for her recovery right now. With a stroke, every minute counts.
-------------------------------------------------

My very dear friend Brenda from Cozy Little House is going through numerous trials right now. She shares candidly on her own blog, so there's no need for me to reiterate here.
I will tell you this though. Brenda is mommy to several little fur babies. If you read her blog, you know how much a part of her life they are. A few days ago, one of her cats got out of the yard and has not returned home. She has looked daily for her, to no avail thus far.
Here's her little Bonnie:
All of the other animals have started reacting to Bonnie's absense and they are sensing Brenda's pain as well.
For those of you who have your own fur babies, I know you understand. This kitty has been part of her life for many, many years. Please pray for her safe return.


I wish I could tell you Brenda's story ended there, but sadly, it doesn't. There are much more serious things happening in her life, and I'm sure she won't mind me asking for you to pray for wisdom and direction for her to make some very though decisions.
-----------------------------------------------
And then there's Jane over at Mamie Jane's. She's such a lovely person with a wonderful spirit. She's a lover of all things vintage and thrifty and you'll find her attending many parties around blogland. She sent me the best gift EVER, and I'll be sharing it with you all soon.

A few months ago, Jane's husband was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease. Although she doesn't mention it much, she and her husband remain on my prayer list, and I'm asking that you put them on yours too.
This is her husband with his new scooter!
--------------------------------------------------


Next is Laura Gunn at Decor to Adore. I'm linking you to the page where I'd like you to start reading if you aren't already a follower of hers. This is the most inspirational story of triumph over tradgedy that I believe I personally have ever heard.
This is Laura AND her daughter, both graduating on the SAME day!

A few months ago Laura had a car accident in which she broke a few bones and hurt her neck. She is continuing to heal from the injuries, but it never hurts to keep up with the prayers.
And if that wasn't enough to deal with while trying to finish her classes, she also lost her 'mother' around the same time. Once you read her story, you will understand who 'mother' is.

The loss of a loved one is never an easy thing at any time.
Which brings me to the next person on my list.
---------------------------------------------------

If you know Donna from Funky Junk, you already know this.
But just incase you don't, Donna recently lost her own mother very suddenly.

I'll let you read about it on her personal blog because no words I can say here would even compare to the eloquent sentiments she has spoken herself.
It is hard to lose someone you love so dearly, and sometimes after everything is said and done, and the hectic days turn into silent nights, we forget to continue praying for healing and restoration of heart for those who have been hurting.

 I lost my own dad, who I was very close to, 14 years ago, and I still hurt over it today as if it just happened. I know that the pain is very real. Time will ease the pain, but it won't take it away.

I'm asking you to please remember to pray for these people as they continue to heal and find the new 'normal' in their lives.
--------------------------------------------------
If you have someone you know that needs to be lifted up in prayer, please tell us about it in the comments and we'll add them to our lists.

My own list has grown to over 300 people, and I assure you, if you're on my list, you're receiving daily prayer.
Blessings to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment