Friday, August 6, 2010

It's a Rooster Party at Bella Vista

I'm a little late to the party - seems I forgot what day it was. Seriously.
When you work from home, it's easy to do that.
I was rushing around getting my house ready for incoming family today and the rooster party totally slipped my mind.......until my mother said "Look at that big rooster".
Urk----rooster.......rooster party, omg!  
Now that my family safely tucked away in bed, I thought I better get this posted.
And be forewarned, I didn't have time to edit these pics.
 I bought a new camera today (my old one broke), and I literally just pulled it out of the box and started snapping away so I could get these up tonight.

Thank you to the beautiful Barb at Bella Vista for hosting the rooster parade that rooster lovers look forward to all year.:)
I never really noticed how many rooster items I had in my house because I'm not a theme person at all. However, when we were unpacking everything after our move, I put all of the kitchen things in one area, and that's when I saw it.
I was the owner of a rooster factory and didn't even know it.

So here we go. The roosters at the Blair house:

This is the rooster my mother pointed out that made me realize I had totally overlooked the party.
I just wish she had said something before 11 pm!
This lady is perched atop a shelf in my entry.
You'll see her as you come through the door.

This is one of my very favorite pictures. I've had it for several years, and I never tire of it.
This is on my dining room wall.

In the kitchen........


In the cookbook shelf...........

And on the top of the pie safe in the kitchen.

I have plenty more in various places around the house, but since I'm in a bit of a scurry here, I thought I'd just show vignettes from the kitchen and dining room for today's party.

I'm excited to go see everyone else's roosters for myself. Rooster parties mean we'll be seeing lots of kitchens, and I love looking at kitchens!
Even if you aren't part of the rooster party, I know you love to see what other bloggers have done in their own kitchens, and there's some total eye candy over there.
There are over 100 bloggers linked to the party. Lots to go see!

In case you're new to my blog and haven't seen my own kitchen, you can find my kitchen makeover right here.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.
I hope you'll stick around and browse a while.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment