Thursday, August 12, 2010

Window Treatment for the Guest Bath

I finally got around to making the window treatment for the guest bath.
Do you ever keep putting a project off because you build it up in your mind to be more work than you want to do right then, only to do it and discover that is wasn't nearly as bad as you made it out to be in your own mind?
I do that all the time!

I wanted to make something simple in design, yet I wanted the ability to use a couple of different fabrics and trims.
I really like how it turned out, and now I'm even more motivated to finish the rest of the bathroom.........
although I do keep trying to avoid putting up that moulding for some reason.

I'll get this room finished one of these days, won't I?

Here's the window treatment.
See that picture on the wall?
I've been trying to use that in my house since I was 19. Seriously I have.
I remember my mom buying it at the Quality Stamp Store when I was in elementary school, and I've always loved it.
It hung over our sofa for years. I used to tell people that the girl was me when I was 4.
Sometimes I even convinced them it was.
But then my mom always ratted me out.
I made my mom save it until I was able to take it home with me, so it's been in her attic forever and a day.
I've always had a particular affection for it and now I'm glad to call it mine.

Oh yeah, back to the window treatment.
Here's a close up.
I was lucky enough to find scraps of these fabrics and trims, so I didn't have to buy anything new.

And if you look close at the trims, you'll see they found their way to my tea stain vat, as does everything white in my house.

It's growing on me, and hubby likes it, so that's a bonus.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment