Monday, October 4, 2010

Hanging Lamp Shade Picture Display

Here's a creative way to hang your pictures, notes-to-self, trinkets, quotes, or pretty much anything else.


I took a lampshade, draped a doilie over the top and hand stitched it in place, added some trim around the edges, and finished it off with a flower corsage and a handful of buttons.
I used drapery clips to attach the things. You could also use clothespins.

You can hang this with a plant hanger like I did, or, you could leave the trim off the bottom and just set it on your desk.

I assure you, this is much more darling in person. In fact, I'm trying to convince myself that I need it in my home more than I need to sell it in the store. We'll see where it ends up. :)


If you wanted a more discreet hanger option, you could use tree ornament hangers. They have some beautiful ones to choose from this year. I almost bought some yesterday - could kick myself that I didn't. 



No comments:

Post a Comment