Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fresh Snow and a Mocha Latte


I peeked out the door before going to bed  two nights ago to see if, for once, the weather forecast might actually be right. They said we were getting snow, a LOT of snow, but I've heard that before and then woke up to no snow, not even a flicker of a flake.

Wanna see what I saw?

Still light enough to be pretty, just resting on the branches.

The weatherman said to expect more snow all day, and he was right. By the end of the night, here's what we had. (Notice the fence line - I'll reference back to it in just a minute.)

Notice a few things in this picture - the amount of snow on the table, on the bench under the tree, and again, the fence row.

Woke up early this morning, and here's what we had!

                         



It's been snowing all morning and we are supposed to get up to 10 more inches before morning again.
I tried to take a pic of the same view for comparison, but there's such a white-out out the back door that nothing shows up but a white square. So I took a picture of the other side.
This is a current picture as of noon today in Denver.

This is the same view as the very first picture. You can't even see our birdbath anymore.
That's our hammock under all that snow! We didn't remember to bring it in before the weather hit. There's about 28" of snow as I type this, and it's still coming.


I love these kind of days! Freezing outside, but warm and cozy inside. I've bundled up in my fuzzy socks and blankets, and conned hubby into making me this:
A yummy, yummy, yummy mocha latte!
Look at all that marshmallow creme. Hmmmm hmmmm hmmm.

Side note: Hubby 'suggested' that I tell you how sweet he was to buy this mug for me. He was in Starbucks, saw it, and thought of me. He calls it my 'special cup'. When I ask for something hot, he asks "In your special cup?" Well of course.)

Try this recipe. You won't believe how good it really is. I use the Nestle hot cocoa with the bunny shaped marshmallows in it. I top it with marshmallow creme, and I use crunched toffee.

Super Easy Mocha Latte
1 envelope of instant cocoa mix
3/4 cup of hot strong-brewed coffee
1/2 cup of milk
Topping of your choice (and I choose marshmallow creme and toffee pieces)

Pour cocoa mix into a large mug. Add coffee and mix.
(I actually make the cocoa mix and put in the coffee also, so that it makes more.)
Microwave milk for 30 seconds, and then add to mug with cocoa mix and coffee.
Add topping/s

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment