Friday, October 2, 2009

I have an Obsession......................

EDITED 11/26/09 to add:
I know this is an older post, but since it was in the very beginning of my new blog, I thought I'd go back to revisit it and link up to Cindy's Show & Tell Friday over at My Romantic Home.
Head back over there to see what everyone else has to show today!
(Please stay a bit and look around my blog. Just click on the header to get back to the homepage. I'd love to have you join my decorating ventures.)



A few of them actually, but I'm going to tell you a bit about my favorite one today. I collect silver things. Silver in color, not always in content. Not just any silver though, and not just any piece. I have one rule - it can't be shiny. The older the better. I love any silver with a patinaed personality, especially the pieces with dirty brown color in the crevaces. Shiny silver does absolutely nothing for me. I once walked in on my housekeeper as she was starting to clean all of my silver treasures. If I hadn't been there in time to stop her, I surley would've been smack dab on the front page news the following day, because I know I would've hurt her. I would've had to, I just know it.

Let's look at some of my collection. This is just a small portion, really.








If I had the energy to get off the couch right now, I'd go upstairs and take a picture of the rest of these in my bedroom. But alas, I am a lazy bum at the moment, so this will have to suffice.






I walk by all of this everyday and I still get goosebumps looking at these pics. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my silver.
One of these days I'll share my other my other obsessions with you................. bird's nests, painted trays,
ecru crochet pieces, floral art, aprons, and fabrics.
What do you love enough to have surrounding you everyday? Leave a comment, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment